We are going to spend a lot of time together next year, so it’s best if we get a head start on learning a bit about you.
Your first digital assignment is to successfully send an email to your AP Biology teacher.
Due date: Fri., May 24, 2013. Draft an email to me following these rules:
a. Use clearly written, full sentences. Do not abbreviate words like you are on AIM with a friend. Use spell check! This is a professional communication like you would have with a college professor, so let’s practice for your rapidly nearing future!
b. Address it to me at email@example.com
c. Make the Subject: “AP Bio: Introduction to <Insert Your Name Here>” (Do not include the quote marks or the brackets, just the words)
d. Begin the e-mail with a formal salutation, like “Ms. Mathew,” or “Dear Ms. Mathew,”
e. Now introduce yourself (your name) and tell us a little bit about yourself, like:
- What do you like to do (hobbies, sports, music, interests, etc.)?
- Do you have a job?
- Tell me a little bit about your family (Mom? Dad? Guardian? Siblings? Pets?)What do your parents do for a living?
- Was there anything that you liked about your earlier biology class?
- What was the last book you read for fun?
- What are you looking forward to the most in AP Biology?
- What are you most anxious about in AP Biology?
f. End the e-mail with a formal closing: “Cordially”, “Sincerely”, “Warm regards”, etc. and add your name as if you signed a letter.